Friday, January 22, 2010

A productive stormy morning

This morning the rain continued to fall in heavy pellets on the roof of the studio. I opened a fresh set of oil paints I was given for Christmas. I haven't touched oil since I was 15 at Miss Vong's art class in school when we did that one experiment with oil paints. I loved her classes - she was the greatest art teacher around.

I rediscovered the joys of oil and am inspired to experiment more with it. Anyways, here's a meditative piece...


I will sit through this storm


While surfing the web, I read about the SF Ballet's new show, and see pictures of those beautiful dancers moving in near impossible gracefulness. I also look at dance that is happening in Malaysia, such as those at my friend's dance organization, Ballet Base - more beautiful forms and movement from around the world. Then, I think about this storm, and imagine dancing through the waves..



Dancing through the storm


So there... the rain has granted me a wonderfully productive morning in art. Thank mother nature :)

No comments:

Post a Comment