Monday, February 8, 2010

what's in a name?




What's in a Name?
Watercolor & Acrylic


I know, I know... I said that I was going to put up paintings that made people felt better and more peaceful. But today, I have to break that promise.. I actually felt rather frustrated with myself. Confused, lost and unsure of my identity. I have moved so many times. Lost so much ground.

"What's in a name?" contains chinese characters from my name. The two of which I actually know how to write semi-decently. One more is missing - because it is quite a mystery. There have been debates between relatives and old aunty friends who say it is a garden or 'imperial' garden or phoenix... I'd like to think it is a garden.
.

2 comments:

  1. wow. the colors - this is your most complex work yet. it really explores the themes you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Az. I'm glad you see through the layers.

    Channeling feelings through paint is such a release. I even feel better today.

    ReplyDelete